The good news is that regardless of the type of contacts you wear, lens care is now easier and more convenient than ever before.
We want to keep you feeling comfortable in your contacts and keep your vision at its best. Here are some basic tips for proper care and successful wearing of your contacts.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, and dry them with lint-free towel before handling lenses.
- Always work with your lenses utilizing the same pattern, e.g., right to left.
- Wear and replace lenses according to the schedule prescribed by the doctor.
- Rub your lenses for at least 10 seconds on each side immediately after removal—rubbing helps remove deposits.
- Keep the contact lens case clean and replace every 3 months.
- Keep a backup pair of useable glasses in case you can’t wear your lenses.
- Remove your lenses before swimming or bathing.
- Put your contacts on before applying makeup.
- Mix solutions—use only the specified sterile solutions commercially prepared for contact lenses.
- Reuse solution—change and replace with fresh solution everyday.
- Sleep with your lenses inserted unless specified by your doctor to do so.
- Use saliva to wet your lenses.
- Wear your lenses when you are ill.